Saturday, July 5, 2014

Brain Dump - July 5th

Click here to read the July 2nd brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.



a. Wow! This is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in my eyes!

b. Last week I traded emails with the director of the homeschooling program where I will be teaching a class this fall. Three days ago, she invited my family to stay at their home during the month of July while they are away on vacation. At this point, she and I had only traded a few emails about my teaching and we had never met each other before.

c. Thursday my family drove to meet the director and her family. Immediately we were given a key to their home, a garage opener, the pool pass, wifi pass codes, and liberty to make their home ours while they were away. My family just stared at their family in utter amazement at what was happening. We were speechless!

d. God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we can ask or think! We didn't ask to stay in another person's home, but evidently God has plans and He just wants us to trust Him. I'm grateful for God providing cozy dwelling places as He teaches us to depend more fully on Him and trust Him.

e. As we begin another leg of our journey in Texas, I can't help but look back over our time in Fort Worth with gratitude. I am amazingly thankful for that time of testing and simply waiting. Although it was rough, undeniably my entire family was blessed by it! I even had one child say tonight, can we go back to Fort Worth?

f. Our hosts friends were so keenly aware of their part in what God was doing in our lives. When it was time for us to leave, the wife teared up as she shared how my family was a blessing to them.

g. Our families, including the kids bonded. Additionally, Kevin and I were humbled, corrected, and encouraged. I'm thankful for the friendships we developed in Fort Worth. They were God-orchestrated and necessary!

h. As we enter another round of testing, this one in my opinion is  more challenging than the first. I'm determined to be called a good and faithful servant when it's all said and done. In Matthew 25:14-30, the master left talents to three servants. Two of the servants were good and faithful by putting their talents to work and doubling what they were given. In my eyes, the Lord is entrusting to us someone else's home, and we have the ability to respect it, care for it, and be faithful stewards over it. The faithful servants were able to share in the master's happiness, and I, too, am striving to share in my Master's happiness!

i. As we continue to wait on our home, I trust God to help us make right use of our time in this new place. I want to say, "Lord what in the world are you doing?" But, instead I trust Him to guide us through this season as He refines us and draws us closer to Him.

j. I listened to the hymn, "I surrender all" this evening as we drove down the highway transitioning to another new place. In my heart I surrendered my all to Jesus... my life, my children, my home, all that I have. I know in my heart that God's love won't fail, and everything is going to be alright.

Cetelia will bloom where she has been planted!