Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Brain Dump - June 30th

Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.



a. I started my day off with this encouragement: Wait patiently. Endure. God knows what He’s doing. “If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay” (Habakkuk 2:3).

b. Monday has become my laundry day. I spent today washing, drying, and putting away clothes. Thankfully, the kids have learned to put their own clothes away without any protesting, whining, or complaining.

c. Kevin and I took a walk this evening. It was different than the times before because I was walking for exercise and Kevin was "just walking."  I passed him going down the hill, and again coming back up the hill.

d. Kevin and I accidentally left the garage door open when we came back into the house after our walk. Our hostess made it clear to us that we violated one of their home safety rules. They have construction workers in the community building other homes, and the workers have been known to steal things (not to mention wild animals).

e. It was great that this happened because it opened the door for me to ask them if they would provide safety instruction (personal & firearm safety) for my family.

f. Our host family is knowledgeable in these areas due to their background and current professions. They welcomed the idea, so I'm  looking forward to learning! Now, how can the Bullards pour into their lives?

g. The Lord is helping us make the right use of our time with our host family. Isn't He good about causing all things to work together for good for those who love Him?

h. Wow! We have been in Texas for an entire month. It all still seems like a dream or a super-extended vacation. All I can say is this first month didn't play out how we planned. Sometimes I wonder, "What in the world were we thinking?"

i. Still, I can vividly see God's hand as I reflect on the weeks that have passed. He has cared for us like a baby in the womb. His compassions were exactly what we needed so we wouldn't be consumed (Lam 3:20-23) Thanks Lord!

Cetelia will bloom where she has been planted!