Thursday, June 12, 2014

Brain Dump - June 12th


Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.




a. I was awakened by Kevin and sounds of thunder early this morning. Kevin was in NYC, and was completely amazed at the "whole new world" he was standing in the midst of. Thankfully, he made it safely from NY to NJ.

b. On my way to drop the kids off at VBS, I heard a portion of a parenting message by Chuck Swindoll. One thing he said that resonated with me was God didn't make any mistakes when He assigned me to my kids and my kids to me. I have what it takes to parent the children God has entrusted to me.

c.  I helped our friends that we are staying with by organizing a closet that contains teaching supplies. I was also given the opportunity to clean other areas in their home, too. While I could have been doing something else with my time, I chose to humble myself and be a blessing. 


d. While cleaning and organizing I kept thinking, I'm doing this for you Christ. While the work was tedious and produced some sweat, my focus was on doing my best work and doing it for someone greater than mere man (Colossians 3:23 - Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were doing it for the Lord and not merely for people.)
 


e. I continuously pass road signs that state: "Obey Warning Signs State Law." We don't have these signs posted everywhere in NC. It makes me wonder why drivers have to constantly be reminded to obey the road signs in Texas?

e. I miss Kevin, y'all! Life is just not the same without some KBB! For those of you who really know him, hopefully you would agree :)

f. I thought I would end tonight's brain dump with a verse someone shared with me tonight -- Deuteronomy 31:8 (NLT):  "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”