Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Brain Dump - June 23rd

Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.



a. Today my focus was on being a blessing to our host family. The kids and I worked together to tidy up their home. This is a lesson in stewardship.
 

b. Today was laundry day! While Kevin worked, the kids and I got the laundry done. We have all been wearing the same few outfits that I packed before our move designed specifically for our first week in Texas, with the thought that we wold have had access to the rest of our clothes by now. Boy am I glad I packed extra underclothes for everyone!
 

d. After today's cleaning, I played "The Game of Life" with the kids. I ended up as a doctor married with three kids.

e. Someone asked me recently what Fort Worth was like. In my opinion it is rural. Lots of ranches with horses and cattle grazing everywhere (at least it's this way where we are staying).

f. We enjoyed family time at the park. The kids played and connected with others on the playground while KB and I worked. I've noticed the girls are finding it easy to make friends with others at the playgrounds we've visited. On the other hand, it appears that Max is somewhat reluctant in connecting with others on the playground. I'm guessing his reluctance has to do with his age.

g. Our dinner was made possible by Pizza Hut. We ate outside under the stars
 

h. Kevin and I arranged to walk under the night sky despite it being after 10 PM. Unfortunately, our skunk friend didn't make an appearance. We looked for him. :-)

i. During the walk enjoyed gazing at the stars and reminding myself that my God is mighty in power and great in strength! I believe with all my heart that He will cause all things to work together for my good! (Romans 8:28)
 

j. In the words of my friend, Julie H,  "I have ears to ear. The spirit of God lives within me, so I know what God is saying." Tonight this is my self-talk, my battle cry. (1 Corinthians 2:12)
 

k. Cetelia will bloom where she has been planted!