Sunday, June 8, 2014

Brain Dump - June 8th

Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.
 




Mooooo!a. Today we attended our friends' church in Fort Worth. We drove by two cows standing on the shoulder of the road, staring at us as if we were the ones out of place. Maybe they knew we were the new kids on the block.

b. The message dealt with discouragement; and how disappointments can derail us, have us lose focus, and start comparing ourselves with others or with what we use to have.

c. Discouragement tried to derail us, and for a moment (okay, more than one moment) we lost focus. We felt like we didn't know what we were doing, and didn't where were going - like sheep without a shepherd.

d. Thankfully, the Lord is our shepherd and we are purposing to allow Him to care for His sheep (us).

e. The Lord could not have chosen a better family to be His hands and feet to us. My heart's desire is that the Lord will help my family to be a tremendous blessing to them just as they have been to us. (Matt 25:40)

f. This week my game plan is to no longer focus on why things didn't happen the way we planned them to. I don't necessarily need to know why God has us in this holding pattern. 

g. Today and going forward, my attention is directed toward finding out what God is requiring of me right now. What are my marching orders? I need clear cut objectives for this place I'm in now. I believe He will lead me. 

h When church was over we left the sanctuary and entered into the foyer, and just stood there for a moment like a deer in the headlights. We didn't know what to do nor where to go. Because we didn't know anyone, and our friends were fulfilling their ministry obligations, the only thing we felt comfortable doing was heading to the exit doors.

i. While sitting in church in total obscurity, I had this thought based on Proverbs 18:24 - Being friendly means to move outside my comfort zone and speak first. As I live this new chapter, I'm purposing to speak first. 

j. We enjoyed Sunday dinner with our friends. They prepared fried and grilled bass with salad and broccoli. My kids loved the fried fish! It looks like I may need to learn how to fry fish.

k. Kevin and I enjoyed a very late evening stroll. We held hands, walked and talked. Just the two of us. I love taking walks with my friend, Kevin. ;-)

l. I felt a little homesick today. I missed my old house, what used to be my own front and back yard. I missed the routine my family once had. But, I can't live there anymore. It's no longer for me. 

m. I don't know what the future holds, but what I do know is written in Psalm 16:6 - the boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance!

n. Jesus is my champion who initiates and perfects my faith. There's no doubt at all that Jesus is responsible for initiating this faith journey I'm on. Each day He is perfecting what He has begun in me and my family. I love Him for that.

o. Lastly, my best buddy, Kevin, has done a fantastic job leading our family. He's a gift I'm truly grateful to have, and am not ashamed to say he is mine.