Friday, June 6, 2014

Brain Dump - June 6th


Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps. 



a. It has been a week since we left Greensboro. A lot has transpired, and through it all our family has grown in how we know the Lord.

b. Even though things are not perfect (still no house of our own), I believe we are exactly right where the Lord wants us to be. I believe He is holding us close to His bosom. I feel safe!

c. Max convinced us to eat at In-N-Out, which is burger place. The place has the look and feel of Good Burger from the movie, Good Burger.

d. Tonight we took a family walk, and Max spotted a snake crossing the road on our path. #NoWeaponFormedAgainstUsShallProsper

e. Lots of driving this week ... it seems like that's all we've been doing.

f. We placed our things in storage today.  It was a reminder that all we have is with us and there is no going back home to Greensboro to live. :-(

g. No more pulling the car trailer nor driving a Budget truck around.

h. It was soooo hot today. I almost gave in to the temptation to get a Wendy's frosty. Why did I google to find out what the ingredients were?  Needless to say, I opted not to get one after that.

i. In honor of some of our dear friends, we are getting shaved ice tomorrow!

j. Our friends have Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar! I've been mixing a cap full in water to drink as a pick-me-up throughout the day. Kevin and the kids have been drinking it too!

k. God is giving people for our lives. We've been shown so much favor lately, and it's nothing that we have done.

l. Today I respectfully questioned God, "Why the delay with the house?" I trust God is working even when I can't see it.

m. Lord, my hope is in your unfailing love. (Psalm 33:18)

n. It's humbling to know that Kevin and my brain dumps are serving as encouragement to others.  More than anything we sense a connection to you, friends and family, and that's why we write it.

o. I started my day off with this prayer, and it seems fitting to pray it again as I retire for the night. "Lord, please forgive me for the times when I’ve chosen my plan over Your plan. Align my will and heart to Yours. Help me to express my love for You by obeying your Word and by responding to the promptings of Your Spirit so that You can be glorified in and through me."

p. For the first time this week I'm getting in bed before midnight! Yay!!