Sunday, June 15, 2014

Brain Dump - June 14th

Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.



a. Woohoo! My buddy is back from NJ. The kids and I are happy campers tonight!

a. This statement written in a book written by Terry Nance resonated with me today: "God is the best 'chess player' there ever will be. He knows how to put you where He wants you. He orchestrates events in our lives to plant us where He wants us. It is there that God will cause you to Bloom Where You Have Been Planted!"

b. I'm trying not to get restless while waiting. I have moments where I'm challenged with staying in that place of rest and peace, trusting God's plan to unfold as He wills it too.

c. I've thought a lot today about the sacrifices that my family has made, and I want to respectfully throw a list up in God's face to remind Him. And yet, this walk of faith is not even about the sacrifices I've made, but about God's redemptive plan and me becoming more and more like him in the process. 

d. Who says being more like Christ means I get what I want when I make a sacrifice for him? Do I trade a sacrifice for some material possession on my list? Certainly not! God's plan will prevail in my life even if my wish list is not honored (in the way I think I want it to be honored).

e. Is it wrong of me to think God owes me something because I've made a really big sacrifice for Him? He's already given me a gift more valuable all else in life -- his love, his son, and eternal life. Then why is it so hard for me to be content and be at peace and rest in Him?

f. Philippians 4:11-13:  I'm learning to be content, starting with my thoughts.

g. Max told me today he was ready for church tomorrow because he wanted to make some friends. 

h. Max has decided to grow his hair out. He wants to have a "box" hair cut. In order to make his hair grow faster, he has decided to put himself on a special eating plan. The plan involves eating no sweets (mom is happy!).

h. Max asked me if I had some vitamins or herbal tea that would promote hair growth. Can you tell he is serious about this hair style??

i. I'm looking forward to going to church tomorrow, worshiping, and hearing a word from God.

j. Tonight's hymn is: Trust and Obey. The fourth verse comforts me and reads:

But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.