Monday, June 23, 2014

Brain Dump - June 22nd

Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.



a. It rained most of the day today. Today was a soup and salad day for me for sure!

b. We attended church in Fort Worth today. This Sunday's musical selections were rendered by the children's choir. I was thankful we didn't have to stand when they called for visitors. I personally don't enjoy having several hundred to a thousand folks staring at me because I decided to worship for the very first time at their church.

c. Today's guest pastor talked about thriving in the midst of transition. My two takeaways were: 1) When change comes, you must change your mindset and set your mind on heavenly things (heavenly things become your firm foundation), and 2) Learn to seek counsel about your predicament so you can acquire the right information.

d. After taking a 3-4 hour long family nap, Kevin treated everyone to milkshakes at Sonic. We all sat in our vehicle in the Sonic parking lot looking at a few deer grazing on the other side of the fence. They seemed to be pretty accustomed to eating their meals along with the Sonic patrons.

e. We were encouraged and entertained by our dear friend, Alexis. Thanks, Alexis, for adding some humor to our evening.

f. My spiritual mom called me tonight. It was good to hear her voice and receive a virtual hug. She encouraged me with these two points: 

1. Understand how you feel about thing,s but don't respond or be moved by your feelings. Your feelings can be totally contrary to faith, so don't let your feelings dominate you. Instead, rely on what God has said (His great and precious promises).

2. Stay hopeful so your spiritual senses can easily discern what the Lord is doing and saying.

g. I'm wishing I could be closer to my twin as she makes some important life decisions. Being so far away makes things seem tougher until I realize there is no distance in the spirit. I'm praying for you, Sis!

h. Today's hymn was the same as yesterday's: "I Surrender All"

i. I'm declaring my will, my emotions (which have been on their own roller coaster ride of highs and lows), and all that I am surrendered to Christ. May His plan reign supreme in my life.

j. I find strength and confidence in knowing God's way is perfect, and His love will never fail me.

k. My walk with Kevin tonight was delightful. I always enjoy spending time with my buddy.

l. Our evening walks are good to my soul. It's just the two of us and no kids, so we're able to really connect without distractions.

m. Tonight we saw a skunk on our walk. However, we didn't get close enough to take a picture of it like we did of the tarantula.

n. Cetelia will bloom where she has been planted