Monday, June 9, 2014

Brain Dump - June 9th

Click here to read yesterday's brain dump.

Click here to read Kevin's brain dumps.




a. The family started off our day singing the hymn Count Your Blessings, then we took turns naming them one by one.
 

b. The girls and I were talking about missing their auntie & cousins (my sister and her girls), and Kuria confidently spoke up and said, "I wish God would have told us to move to High Point in the house right beside y'all, then we would have been there early for the cook out!"
 

c. Kuria and Caitlin were playing together outside (Kuria was riding the scooter), and I overheard her tell Caitlin, "I'm coming, I'm stuck in traffic!" Texas is starting to make an impression on Kuria.
 


The Texas Mockingbird
d. Max, Caitlin and Kuria attended their first Texas VBS today. They really enjoyed themselves. The Lord's timing is perfect!

e. Kevin and I enjoyed an evening  stroll. Right now that is our outlet. The walking helps us release stress, process our thoughts, and get a little exercise into our day. Besides, it can be romantic to take a stroll holding hands with your arms swinging back and forth.

f. Believe or not, the weather has been nice for the past two days.

g. Lift up your eyes, Cetelia! I had been looking up at the stars at night reminding myself of God's great power and mighty strength. Read Isaiah 40:26!



h. Look up, Cetelia! God has placed so many melodious birds in the sky around my friends home to remind me of exactly what Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?"

i. Regardless if it's night or day, I can look up and be reminded that I have a great and mighty Father who sees me as valuable. Now, that is music to my soul and spirit.

j. I spoke to my mom tonight, and it was good talking with her. I love you mom.


k. Max and Kevin got their first Texas haircuts today. They returned looking more handsome than ever (or shall I say "cool" for Max).

l. Being the teacher that I am, I couldn't resist it: Today, I tore open a packed box of summer school workbooks I prepared for the kids. The kids began working through their summer workbooks.

m. Max presented a list of friends' names who don't do any school work over the summer. Guess what? I had my list of names of kids who parents provide them with the privilege of doing school work over the summer. Thirty minutes of school work daily over the summer won't hurt them, right?!?
 

n. I'm already thinking about how much I'm going to miss my best buddy, while he's in NJ later this week, providing support to one of his best friends from college whose wife passed away.
 

o. I haven't had a nice cup of loose leaf peppermint or ginger tea since I left NC. I bought a box of Traditional Medicinals ginger tea and look forward to sipping it this evening.
 

p. Lastly, I never realized Jesus went through strong crying and tears to fulfill God's will. Read Hebrews 5:7. He can most certainly relate to what my family is going through and will help us fulfill God's will too.